You might find at times that when you click on a link in Internet Explorer 10 or earlier, it does not open the link. In this article, we’d like to suggest some solutions you can try out to fix this issue. In most cases when this problem occurs, you may find that your Internet Explorer will not open links after a Windows update or after installing another browser on your computer. Resetting the Internet Explorer settings may not help in this case – a reinstall of Internet Explorer will help – but reinstalling however, should be the last option – when everything else fails.
Use following steps to reset IE:
1. Click Start, please type “inetcpl.cpl” (without quotation marks) in the Start Search bar and press Enter to open the Internet options window.
2. Switch to the Advanced tab.
3. Click the Reset Internet Explorer Settings button.
4. Click Reset to confirm the operation.
5. Click Close when the resetting process finished.
6. Uncheck Enable third-party browser extensions option in the Settings box.
7. Click Apply, click OK.
re-started IE without add-ons Try a reset. To reset, control panel -> Internet Options. On the last tab, click the reset button. It will take a while before Windows restores IE’s original settings. Also, when you do a reset, any customizations will be lost.